|Briquettes or white coal is a perfect fuel, which substitutes wood lignite, coal, fire and other conventional fuels for the generation of heat or steam. As there is a shortage of conventional fuels like wood, coal and oil etc., the white coal demand has emerged. The conventional fuels shortage is increasing day-by-day, and thus it shows a bright future for white coal, the alternative fuel.
This product has a big scope of marketing, as there is a need of pollution free environment. The Briquettes / white coal is ideal as a substitute of any fuel in the following field:
- Boilers: It can be applicable in boilers of Sugar Mills, Paper Mills, Dyeing Houses, Lamination, Leather Industries, Food Processing Units, Vanaspati Units, Oil Extraction Units, Solvent Extraction Plant, and many other industries and plants.
- Furnace & Foundries: It is used in metal heating & metal melting processes (where the melting point is less than 1000d/cel).
- Brick Kilns: It can be used as total substitute of steal coal.
- Residential & Commercial Heating: It is applicable in Hotels, Cafeterias, Canteens and Household Kitchens for heating. Also, used for winter heating in cold areas.
It is more economical as compared to other conventional fuels, because it contains low ash, low moisture, and high density. Also, it is very easy to handle, transport and store. It is low-cost than steam coal fire wood and heavy furnace oil etc.
The Indian Government has announced a series of incentives for encouraging this project for installing such units or plants to all the printers involved in developing source of alternative energy.
The Major Incentives Includes:
- 100% Depreciation in the total value of the plant & machinery in the first year.
- There is an excise exemption for the Briquettes fuel, as per some state government rules. The government also offers exemption in case of machinery & plant.
- Several state government have exempted solid fuel briquettes from sales-tax. And some of the state government offers sales tax exemption in the backward areas.
- According to some state government rules, there is no need of license for pollution for the industries, which are using these Briquettes / white coal.
- Exemption of Income tax for first five years.
- State & central government provide subsidies.
- Low interest rate from government financial institutions.